You can use the Payroll Configuration screen to configure some basic aspects of Payroll.
To configure Payroll
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Payroll Configuration.
2. Set the option Add notes for employees to Yes to enter any additional information about the employee in the Employee Creation/Alteration screen.
3. Set the option Show statutory details (for India/ SAARC companies only) to Yes to enter the PF, ESI, NPS and Employee PAN details in the Employee Creation screen, and print the same information in the employee pay slip.
Note: For International Companies, the option Show Statutory Details will allow to capture only the Employee’s Income Tax Number in the Employee Creation screen.
4. Set the options Provide passport and visa details and Provide contract details to Yes to capture and display the following information in the Expat Reports:
● The employee's Passport Number, Passport Expiry date, Visa Number, and Visa Expiry date,
● The employee's Contract Start and Expiry dates in the Employee Master..
5. Set the option Show resigned/retired employees to No, to avoid displaying the names of resigned employees in the attendance and payroll vouchers.
6. Set the option Show employee display name to Yes, if the payroll reports need to include a different name for the employee, while printing.
Note: This option is useful when the company has multiple employees who have the same name.
Configuring Print Options for Payroll
You can use the Payroll Print Configuration screen to configure the message to be included while printing the Payment Advice and the Pay Slip.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Printing > Payroll.
The Payroll Print Configuration screen appears as shown below:
2. Alter the pre-filled content in the Information in Payment Advice field, if required. It will be printed in the Payment Advice sheet.
3. Enter required information in the Pay Slip Note field, to be displayed instead of the Authorised Signatory details in the Pay Slip.
4. Enter the required Pay Slip Message to be included in all printed payslips. For example, in the month of January you may include the message Happy New Year!
5. Press Enter to accept.
Note: The Payroll Print Configurations are not company specific, and the changes made will be applicable to all the companies loaded.